Project 1 - Castle

    For our first assignment in OBDF 210 we were tasked with making a castle. Since I am brand new to the software I decided to make a simple castle that still allowed me to use some of the main tools that we have learned so far.

    I primarily used the rectangle and circles as my main shapes as my castle is quite simple. a few of the tools/shortcuts that I used include:

  • Gumball (CPlane) to move and extrude elements of the design 
  • Loft to create the cones using a circle as the base and a very small circle for the point at the top
  • Cap to close off any open shapes (I noticed that my shapes were open on the bottom so I used cap to close those off
  • After a strong desire to create doors I did some research and discovered the "Makehole" tool that helped me make doorways through the buildings
  • I also used the basic features such as using the different perspective windows, right click to rotate, right click + shift to drag, scrolling to zoom in and out, and dragging the mouse from either the right of left side in order to select multiple objects at once
  • I added materials and texture to create a brick effect rather than a smooth texture (imported materials from architectural folder)

Successes in this assignment:

  • Getting used to using the basic tools
  • Getting familiarized with the program and learning to use shortcuts
  • Looking beyond what we learned in class in order to achieve my goal (doors)
Challenges of this assignment:
  • I found the program hard to navigate at first since there are still so many things I don't know about it
  • I wish I could have created a more complex design yet I am not confident enough in my current skills to experiment with different tools
  • I wanted to make my buildings hollow so it wasn't a solid cylinder, tried using explode for this but it didn't quite do what I wanted

Front
   Top
Right
          Perspective
Perspective
















                                                                                          
                                                                                                                                    

                                                                                        Perspective^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 2: Surface Design